Overview of SEREDEC
South East Region Development Company (SEREDEC) is a response to the challenges of sustainable development in South Eastern Nigeria. The organization seeks to create a positive business environment that encourages dynamic infrastructural development and sustainable economic growth. By using innovative and market-based approach, we are able to harness the knowledge and expertise of the private sector; the resources and experience of the public sector; passion and network of civil societies to address key issues in South-East development.
SEREDEC is about building something that will last. It is about the freedom to set our own terms. It is about the place we call home. We draw our strength from vibrant cities and towns, a bold history, vast economic potentials, and amazing people with brilliant minds. Together we are building something amazing that we can pass on to the next generation. Together we are managing our resources, optimizing our potentials, and investing in our future. SEREDEC is a private sector initiative with NO PARTISAN agenda.
Our vision is to make the South-East region of Nigeria the first choice destination for business investment in Africa.
Our Mission is to drive sustainable economic development and innovation in the South-East region of Nigeria by developing the required environment, resources, knowledge and capacity in partnership with all stakeholders to create a socially-stable and economically viable home for all.
Integrity is the core of all our operations. We take personal responsibility to drive our core values in everything we do and the relationship we establish with our partners. We do not compromise our ethics, our values, or our professionalism.
We recognize the multiple needs of the Southeast region. Therefore we will continue to harness the collective resources and expertise of Ndigbo, our partners, and all stakeholders to address those needs holistically.
We strive to be the best that we can be, using our capabilities to fulfil our potential. We strive to be the model for others pursuing sustaining economic development for their regions to emulate.
We are committed to delivering excellent service to the people of Southeast region. We will execute our strategy by working to meet the region’s aspiration and sustainable development goals.
- To promote and encourage the development of resources, industries and infrastructure in the Southeast region.
- To harness stakeholders’ participation in Southeast development.
- To mobilise financial resources and support services for infrastructure and economic development.
- To plan, execute, and monitor development projects and programmes in the Southeast region.
- To create positive business environment that encourages dynamic infrastructural development and sustainable economic growth.
- To facilitate private sector investment in development projects and programmes for the region.
- To collaborate with the government in performing any development-related tasks and responsibilities.
- Commitment to remain a private sector driven initiative with no partisan or sectional agenda.
- Commitment to integrity, transparency and fairness in all our relationships, dealings and operations.
- Commitment to timely, productive and efficient use of resources as we strive to achieve our vision.
- Commitment to leverage on technology and innovation to improve delivery of services and solutions.
- Commitment to work with all stakeholders where necessary – leaving no one behind.
Past Initiatives by Different Groups & Agencies
A number of initiatives have been organized in the past by different groups and agencies to further development in the South East. Some of these culminated into documents, action plans and specific policies, strategies. Each of these made certain contributions towards advancing policy discuss for regional development. All such past and existing platforms shall be consulted to ensure that no useful idea is left behind or existing work replicated. Delivering on the plan will require collection of what has been done in or is being done by different stakeholders as well as the pooling of resources (especially expertise) available to these stakeholders.